Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

Balls Off!

On Saturday night, Ben's dad celebrated his 60th birthday. Ben wanted to get him some movie passes. I suggested that since 60 is such a big deal, we should get him something big, something good. So we bought him a new laptop. It did not arrive in time, so we framed a picture of it.

Below is the video of him, uh, well, not exactly opening his gift. Trudy, Michael's wife's mother, decided to help in unwrapping the gifts since he got more robes and slippers than a person could possibly use in a lifetime. As Trudy was unwrapping it, (hopefully you can hear it in the video) Ben kept whispering in my ear, "Why is Trudy opening it?" When she finally got to it, she was thoroughly confused asking, "What is this?"



In the next clip, Michael has forgotten about me as he brags, "Look what my son got me!"

"And daughter-in-law," I would chime in.



It was a fairly entertaining evening and the most fun I've had in a long time since all I've done for the past two months is work, pack, and move.

As you know, we are living with grandma, and things are o.k. There are somethings that even I can't write about. But here's something you might enjoy. Ben's grandma loves our sweet and precious angel puppy/son, Bula. Every time she is on the phone, she tells everyone all about him and how happy she is to have someone waiting for her and happy to see her.

This morning as Ben prepared to take him for his morning walk, he pushed the door open to grandma's room and jumped on top of her as she slept. "That could give a person a heart attack," I thought, "especially a person who is 90!" But she was pleasantly surprised.

Pretty soon, he will be neutered, which is supposedly better for the health of a dog, law where we live, and can calm the crazy puppyisms down. Although I find it quite cute when Bula refuses to allow people to wear socks, for example, by hopping all over a person and gently nipping at their feet, Ben finds him annoying. Every time Bula goes nuts, running around the house as if he forgot to take his Ritalin, sliding all over the wood floors and selecting an object to bark at and attack, Ben always shouts, "Balls Off!" This is definitely a threat in Ben's eyes, but Bula doesn't quite get it yet. But he will... When he is testicle free and wearing a cone around his neck, he'll get it.

Comments:
Just like Mommy didn't bake the treats at your wedding, so did you not have any role in the purchase of the laptop. So stop trying to take the credit. And it's good that Hilda loves Bula, and it's good that he's not big enough to knock her ass to the ground...even while he still has his balls. Love, Gabby
 
The laptop sounds like a great present. I bet he was surprised and loved it! I don't get Gabby's comment. Do explain if you feel so compelled. I'm sure that Bula's presence is a wonderful thing for grandma. Animals just do wonders for the human spirit. She'll probably live well past 100 now that you've given her all this good puppy/grandson jou-jou! Yay! My kitten/son Leo is getting is balls off as we speak. Fiona will get tied up tomorrow. Now with me in menopause and Duke and Henry already neutered we will be a happy, hormone free house. Hmm? Miss you. Love you.
 
Oh and I can't see the videos. Is anyone else having that problem?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?