Saturday, April 14, 2007

 

Camping in Carpinteria, Magic Mountain, and Wicked



When Marilyn was feeling better we decided to go camping in Carpinteria. We reserved the campsite 6 months in advance and decided that it might be good for us even if we had to return each day. We came back home one day to see Marilyn, but it was nice to get away. We rode our bikes and relaxed at the beach. We had a campfire each night and thought about Marilyn a lot. The night time was the hardest even though we were hopeful that she would pull out of this. Bula enjoyed the trip the most. He barked at all the dogs and rolled around in the grass at the campsite. Our last night we had dinner where we got married. Here are some pictures from our trip.











Here is a video I recorded as the sun set. Ben and I were babbling about something...



On Wednesday we took our little brother Danny and his friend Charlie to Magic Mountain. Below is a video from one of the roller coasters we went on. I had no idea that Danny and Charlie would be throwing coins at the other passengers. They really are good boys, I swear.



On Thursday, Ben and I took Danny to see Wicked. Marilyn asked us to take him even though she has been looking forward to it for months. She loves anything that has to do with The Wizard of Oz. It was bitter sweet being at the show. The show was fantastic. The girls who played Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and Glinda were awesome. It was such a great story about what happened before Dorothy landed in Oz. I highly recommend it and the price is reasonable.

Comments:
Hi Romy.
I'm so sad that I didn't get to go camping with you guys!
It looks like you had a great time. I know the both of you needed a break to relax, and I'm glad you got to get away for a few days.
I love you and you are all in my thoughts.
Take care and call me soon,
Olga
 
I'm so glad you took that time for yourselves. You deserve it, you need it. You all are in my heart. Big hug to Marilyn.
 
We weren't throwing coins on gold rusher...it was gum and we only hit one passenger.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?