Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

Marilyn


At 4:20 this morning, Marilyn lost her battle with ovarian cancer. She took her last breath and a single gust of wind blew the curtains wide open and took her soul away. We are both relieved and sad, two feelings that do not like to live in the same place together. Keith called us at around that time and when the phone rang, we knew. Ben woke up saying, "Oh shit, Romy." We were there before 5:00. We hugged her and kissed her and cried for her and ourselves. At 9:30, Keith called the authorities. At 10:30, the people from Pierce Brothers at Valley Oaks in Westlake arrived to take Marilyn away. The funeral will probably be on Wednesday or Thursday.

Comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss. This will not be a simple journey to go on living without her. But, you will and if you do what she would want, you will seek happiness and will live life to the fullest, remembering to love and support eachother at every turn. Although she is no longer living, she is still a part of your life and will be a part of your future in a different way. I'm so so sorry and I wish I could take the pain away. Grief is tricky and getting through it is slow, hard work. But, you will, I just know it. Be patient with yourselves and eachother.

One other thing I must mention. . . Marilyn did not lose to cancer. Yes, she battled, but she is a winner, a survivor, a fighter and has more will and perserverance than I've ever known. I didn't even have to know her to know that. Cancer is awful. I hate every possible thing about it. But, even now, I just don't think cancer won. It was time. Marilyn did EVERYTHING she possibly could and so much more. I will remember her as the ultimate survivor and I will feel grateful that at last, she is resting.

I love you and my heart is with you.

Sasha
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?