Monday, June 18, 2007

 

It's Almost One in the Morning


So it's almost one in the morning and I leave for the airport at 3:15 a.m. I guess I won't be getting much sleep. Alaska, here I come. The forecast: 10 days of rain! I am hopeful that the meteorologists are wrong... as usual. I arrive in Ketchikan tomorrow morning and leave from Juneau more than a week later. 10 days of ferry rides, car rentals, hikes, kayak trips, and whatever else may come. Even though I am excited, I know that I will miss my sweet doll and my pup. So I'm just about packed, aside from the bathroom essentials. I've made my postcard list, although there are some missing addresses, and I've cleaned out my purse (which was long overdue).

Today, well yesterday, was Father's Day. Ben and I drove to my dad's and then returned home for a small gathering that Grandma arranged.

On Friday night, Ben and I met Jo in Hollywood to see the Mammals at the Tangier. Here are a couple pictures from the show. A great time was had by all.




Comments:
I Love you doll and will miss you. I hope you have a great time in Alaska. Come home now. Love Ben and Bula.
 
Hey Romy,
Got your message that you arrived home safely. Thanks for calling. I'm still in Anchorage and have decided to put an offer in on the bigger. . . yes, the bigger house. I meet with my realtor tomorrow to write up the paperwork. Yikes. I'm feeling nervous and excited and stressed and good. Moving to Anchorage in just 3 short weeks. Crazy!! I had an awsome time with you and I'm so glad we had the chance to do this trip together. I hope your next time in Alaska is in Anchorage and that you'll bring your doll. . . maybe even Bula. He's more than welcome. I'm reserving a cat free guest room just for you too. Love you and I'll talk to you soon. Keep in touch okay.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?