Sunday, July 08, 2007

 

Etc. Etc.
























If you read my sister's blog, then you know that on June 30th, we attended the Sound of Music Sing-Along at the Hollywood Bowl. Unfortunately, cameras were not allowed and because we parked at the L.A. Zoo and took the shuttle over, I didn't want to risk not having a place to store it and being forced to leave it in a bush like the chain on my wallet at a No Doubt concert at the Pond 10 years ago (BTW, Gwen Stefani had on her chain wallet, but I have since retired mine, thank you very much), so I did not bring my camera with me. However, my sister put her camera in her bra and because the Sound of Music doesn't have a great appeal to terrorists and drug mongers, she got in without a hitch. I have learned my lesson and will take the risk next time a camera is in question.

Aside from the 2 hour costume parade that forced my sister, Gina and I into alcoholism, we had a great time. Did I mention that every "singer" who dressed in movie garb was welcomed on to the stage and talked to by the host, Barbara Jean from the WB's Reba? Yeah, that blew after the 14th Maria, 36th Gretel, and 50th nun. Besides that, I liked booing Rolf and hissing at the Baroness. She wasn't all bad, people. She did eventually see the love for Maria in the Captain's eyes and dismiss herself from the von Trapp home. (Sorry, if you've never seen the movie. And if you haven't, where have you been?)


On the 4th of July, well actually it was the 3rd, we went to our old haunt, Moorpark (kraproom backwards) to see the fireworks. We visited our old neighbor and friend Jerry who is recently single again and just trying to be a dad to his two little girls, Paige and Brooke.








On the 4th, we went to see Keith and Danny for grilled burgers. We brought Bula so he could play with his best friend, Co Co. I think they are strictly platonic as I have not seen any action to indicate otherwise.






Afterwards we went to the cemetery. From Marilyn's grave, we watched a pink sunset.




On Thursday the 5th, we celebrated some friends' 30th birthdays with sushi. I swear we had more than Saki, Asahi and Sapporo.









The following Friday, I went to work apparently for the sole purpose of becoming overwhelmed, but at least I saw Kari.

This upcoming week, I was scheduled to take a Teacher as Writer course paid for by the district, but it was cancelled and rescheduled for the following week. That week doesn't work as well for me. However, I need the professional development hours that I'd otherwise have to make up during the year. And I have a hard time teaching all day and going to two hour classes here and there to make that time up. I'm going to make a few calls and try to make this work to my advantage. Wish me luck.

Comments:
You go girl and GOOD LUCK to ya!!! I love Bula!! Bella says HI!
I am letting go of some of the anxiety from work and letting life happen instead.

Talk to you soon,
Kar
 
Bula is a doll and now that I know how to really say his name I think I adore him even more. When are you and Ben leaving for your trip by the way?

Try not to let any of that anxiety seep into your perfectly great summer. It will be there just the same in another month, so for now, kick it aside.

Love you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?