Friday, August 03, 2007

 

One More Day in Prague

We are still in the CZ and having a wonderful time. We are currently staying with my Uncle's brother, Petr, and his wife Dana. We will be back on the 5th, my mom's birthday. I hope to post a description of our adventure along with photos soon. However, because I have taken 700 pictures, this could prove to be a difficult task. Along with visiting the Prague Castle and walking it's gardens, we made it to the Mucha Musuem, where I decided to name my first born son, Alphonse. The exhibit was quite small as Prague has yet to acquire his life's greatest project, the Slav Epic. Luckily, my aunt took us to see this exhibit in Moravske Krumlov, about 250 km. from Prague. There are 20 works of art in the Slav Epic, each about 18 feet high. I feel really lucky to have seen them and photographed them without being fined the 500 korunas for doing so. Although Prague will finally have the Slav Epic, as they are building a home to accomodate them, it was wonderful to see this exhibit on the outskirts of Mucha's hometown, Ivancice. No offense to Moravske Krumlov or Ivancice, there is no other reason to come to these towns, other than to view these enormous works of art dedicated to the Czech Republic and all Slavic people. Although Mucha is most famous for starting the Art Nouveau movement and the beautiful posters of women and flowers, these paintings were his greatest dream to create.

I cannot wait to show you these and other photos I have collected on our journey.

Comments:
HI there! I cannot wait to see all the photos!!

Luv,
Kari
 
So sorry I haven't written. I've been thinking a lot about you amid the frenzy that I've been in with my transition to Anchorage. I have a birthday present that I need to send you. I'm sorry I am too lame to get it to you on time. I hope you're day was wonderful and I hope you know I was thinking of you! I'll send your gift soon. I can't wait to read about your trip and see the photos. Yay. I hope you are well. I love you lots! Will I see you while I'm in California in September? xoxo
 
Yo nice blog and Huge house but i was just wondering if you want to get into a great business opportunity. Check out my blog.
http://easyuseebay.blogspot.com/
Trust me you won't regret it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?