Monday, March 15, 2010

 

Ben's Endless Birthday Celebration

So Ben had a birthday that wouldn't quit this year. But because everyone loves him so much, everyone enjoys the celebration.

Party #1 - Bill, Kelly and their girls, Brittney and Madison took us out to Pookie Thai. Then we went to grandma's hot tub for some drinks and relaxation.

Party #2 - Kari took Ben to sushi, which Ben loves!

We told them it was Ben's birthday and after dinner, the lights went out, a Japanese techno remix of Happy Birthday was playing and the entire staff came out clapping for Ben. Everyone else in the restaurant joined in and it became the largest "Happy Birthday" I have ever seen! Ben was so embarrassed, but Kari and I could not stop laughing. We loved it!


Part #3 - I'm not sure how this happened, but somehow we were convinced that we needed to have every member of Ben's family over at one time to see the house and so the party planning began. Ben had to share the spotlight with our nephew Chad who turned 7 and our sister-in-law Jennifer who turned 40. Of course I was stressing big time because I knew I had to clean the house. We decided to take "before" shots when the house was clean so those who haven't seen our house yet, have the chance.

Here's our bedroom.

The kitchen.

We set up tables outside, and of course it was cold, windy and it rained - a host's worst nightmare!

The living room with extra seating.


And the spinach dip from Costco - I love that stuff so much!

Our guests arrived. Here are my brother-in-law Jeremy and our nephew Chad, and of course, my little angel, Boots.

My brother-in-law Danny and our nephew Jake.

Sam, Grandma Trudy, Grandma Hilda, brother-in-law Mikey and Ellen, Ben's step mom.

Keith and Ben.

Mikey, Ben's dad, Jennifer and our nephew Trevor.


On the far right is Keith with his girlfriend Michele and her girls.



All the boys, including Bula! How cute is Bula???? Seriously!

We had Red's cater the dinner and then busted out the karaoke. Michele's daughters, Emma and Sarah were asked to look like they were singing for the picture.


The party ended early and so we brought the karaoke machine next door. As the night wore on, a beer bong was confiscated and then used by the confiscators. Songs were sung late into the evening. And I will close with a final image of Brad, my neighbor, coming over to get his beer bong back, while Bill, my other neighbor showed us what he could do. Brad looks impressed.




Comments:
Having 3 birthday parties is awesome!!!! Love you doll.
 
You actually had 4! I took you to Chili's and we watched the Americans lose the gold medal!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?