Sunday, March 07, 2010

 

Soundsuits

Early in February, Ben and I went to the Fowler Museum on UCLA's campus.



I had heard about Nick Cave's Soundsuits exhibit, and knew that I wanted to see it. (Check out the video. This is what made me have to go see the exhibit and I love Radiohead's Idioteque!)



Upon entering, I quickly fell in the love with the giant polar bear made out of sweaters.

Hand beaded suits.

Knitted dreads.



Colorful fur. (And in the front of the photo, knitted snakes in a pile. I wish I had a better picture of these!)
Vintage toy suit.


Sewn together doilies suit.



Glass bird figurines and beads.

Check out the beautiful detail in the leggings! Many of the leggings were heel-less. How cute!



As we walked around, sometimes I was afraid that someone was in one of the suits for an episode of Candid Camera.

The talent and creativity that it takes to come up with this stuff amazes me! I wish I had this type of genius - the soundsuits are a little scary, but a lot of fun, as well. I loved it!

Afterward, we checked out their other collections. They happened to have a folk art exhibit, which is quite lucky for me since I love that stuff. Included were many different skulls, one of my favorite things.

Ben saw this and said, "Look! Someone carved Barack Obama out of wood!" And even though it does resemble a young Obama, it was made before he was born.

Not Barrack Obama.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?