Sunday, July 25, 2010

 

Beach Days are the Best Days

So, as usual, I tried to make it out to the beach as often as I could. Bula can be a real handful, so going during the week, rather than on a busy weekend, is my preference. Luckily for us, we were just about the only ones there...


... except for this guy.

He seemed really thin and had some small injuries, so I had Bula call the Channel Islands Marine Sanctuary. A volunteer came out to look at him. They don't like to take animals from the wild unless it is their only option. He was hopeful that this sea lion, with a little rest and hopefully some wits to move away from the rocks and the rising tide, would survive. I kept my distance and didn't want to stress him out too much, but I couldn't help but snap a few photos. He was quite a poser!











We never saw him again, but we sure hope he made it.

When we got home, I forced Bula in the tub and although he hates it, he is so cute and helpless. He is my own little seal.




Comments:
poor little sea lion.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?