Sunday, April 25, 2010

 

Home Projects and Local Fun

We finally bought the door I have been admiring for a few months now. It really makes a big difference. The house looks better, the house stays warmer or cooler and now we have less street noise!
The morning light creates a kaleidoscope-like effect on the wall. I just love it!


We bought some plants, like this perfect blue hydrangea.


We also made a trip to the nurseries in Somis in search of a couple trees. I had no idea how relaxing and how beautiful a day it would be. I still plan to head back very soon with a book and picnic lunch.



Perfect, pink magnolias.


After buying and loading the wrong 20 foot tree in the truck, we finally found what we were really looking for: a persimmon tree and a Granny Smith apple tree.

We also made our way back to Wildwood when my friend Amanda had mentioned it to me. For some reason I have to be reminded that this place exists so close to home.

We walked through the tunnel below Avenida de los Arboles to the trail head.




The Lord's candle was in bloom everywhere!

And ducklings galore!

We headed to Paradise Falls to check out the water level. We've had a lot of rain, so it has been flowing.

We found this spot near the end of our hike and even though a trail does not lead to it, I will make one the next time we go to Wildwood.




Wildwood Park is a beautiful and peaceful place!

Comments:
I love your flowers!! Hydrangeas are so pretty. And I'm super jealous of your apple tree - I can't wait to plant fruit trees when we have a yard!
 
Doll, the front door is awesome, glad we finally replaced that. Hopefully we get some good apples and persimmons. Can't wait to go back to wildwood. Love you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?