Saturday, May 15, 2010

 

May Celebrations

May is a happy time! We celebrate moms on Mother's Day! My sister drove my mom out to Simi and we had dinner at Famous Dave's - my mom loves that place! And I love my mom!

Danny also celebrated his 18th birthday in May!!! It's crazy to think that I've known him since he was 3 years old! Keith threw him a birthday party catered by Famous Dave's!

He spent the day in Venice with his girlfriend. While we waited for his arrival, Keith let me drive the Viper!
My nephew Jake cruised with me!

We are so cool!

Afraid I would crash Keith's car, we came back in and checked out the Danny shrine.

My nephew Trevor, my sister in law Jennifer, my nephew Jake, Keith and Michele.

My sweet prince, Ben, Danny and his girlfriend Jamison.

Danny, Jamison, my nephew Chad, my brother in law Jeremy and Grandma,
along with Sarah and Trevor's backs.

I had to get myself in a picture with my awesome heart shades and my doll!



Danny opening his presents with Chad permanently attached to his lap.

At the end of the summer Danny will be moving out and who knows how often we'll get to see him. It's bitter sweet, for sure.

Later in May, with my dad turning a one day carpet cleaning into a four day affair, my mom and sister came out to get away. We headed to the beach with Lucky and Bula. Unfortunately, while my car was parked on the street, someone hit it with their car. I have some scratches on my side mirror, which is better than what could have happened, but my brand new car is no longer perfect. And no one left a name or number and because I don't want to pay the deductible, the scratches will remain.

On the way home, my mom really wanted to go pick blueberries in Somis. I was a little bit hesitant as it was the opening day. But because my mom is so busy with work and doesn't get to come out that often, we gave it a go!

Ben stood there for the picture, but left the picking to us. It was so hot! I have an even greater appreciation for the farm workers that I see out there every day of the week!

My mom and I with our containers, ready for blueberry picking!






Those blueberries were the best!!!

Later in the month, we celebrated the weekend (and a near end to the school year for me) with our neighbors!
Bula always has to be where the action is, hogging the best seat in the house!
May was an awesome month!

Comments:
Love the heart shades! I would love to go berry picking sometime - it seems like so much fun!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?