Friday, May 28, 2010

 

Seema's Wedding Shower!

Thanks to Facebook, I have been reunited with some of my oldest friends, Swapna and Seema.

Right after school got out, for the summer, Seema had her bridal shower and I was invited! With great anticipation, I drove back to my hometown of La Crescenta to see the whole Athalye family. Jaya came to the door, and I couldn't help but to tear up - I hadn't seen her since high school at least. Ten years had passed since I last saw the girls, so it was overwhelming and exciting to see them again! I even got to see Suhas, the girls' dad and meet Brian, Seema's future husband. They both arrived at the end of the party after their dudes' day of suit buying (no photos exist, for some reason... grr!). We promised to not let as much time pass between visits.

Swapna planned the party for her sister. She made delicious appetizers, planned fun shower games and collected recipes from the guests for Seema's first cookbook. We had a great time celebrating Peems' upcoming wedding!

The mother-of-the -bride, Jaya, and me

Swapna and Seema posing with the ice cream desserts Swapna made!

Below is a close up of the lovely dessert. Swapna baked a white cake, used a cookie cutter to cut small circles of cake and place them in the bottom of the mini terra cotta pots. By adding the cake to the bottom of the pots, she was able to scoop vanilla ice cream on top and it didn't leak out of the bottom. She sprinkled Oreo cookie crumbs on top to give the appearance of dirt. She then put a straw in the middle of it all and placed a live flower inside. So cute and tasty!


The bride and me. She is just beautiful!


Stay tuned... the wedding post is coming up!!!


Comments:
How fun! I'm glad you got to be reunited with old friends. and I absolutely LOVE the ice cream flower pot idea! So cute!

Love you,
Olgie Wan
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?